Our mission is to protect the San Pablo Creek Watershed and inspire community appreciation and stewardship through advocacy, education, and habitat restoration.
Our vision is a healthy and protected San Pablo Creek Watershed:
- A community which understands its impact on and place in the watershed and values our creeks.
- Intact habitat from the ridges to the bay.
- Clean flowing water for fish, wildlife, and people.
- A community actively learning through hands-on stewardship activities such as restoration, community science, and classroom engagement.
- A community integrating watershed protection into their daily habits.
SPAWNERS formed in the spring of 2000, when we brought together local residents to remove invasive ivy and trash from the creek banks at the El Sobrante Library.
From there, our scope has grown to include restoring creek banks, removing invasive plant species, planting lovely natives, working with students, monitoring creek water quality, and helping others learn about and appreciate our local creeks.